Sunday, January 23, 2011

Greetings from Qingdao!

Since I know all of you are dying to hear about our (Leslie & mine) travels, here's a brief update.

Leslie and I arrived in Qingdao on Friday morning after taking an overnight train from Beijing to Qingdao. Previously, I had heard many horror stories about trains in China, so I had very low expectations about the train. However, when we boarded the train, I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually quite comfortable and the both of us slept pretty well.

Qingdao, as a city, has been quite interesting. It's a much smaller city than Beijing and it's very clear from the minute we arrived. Not that being smaller than Beijing is bad at all. In fact, it's nice to be out of the giant urban sprawl of Beijing finally.

Tomorrow we leave for Hangzhou. I'm excited to explore Hangzhou on my own; not to mention Hangzhou should be warmer than both Beijing and Qingdao. Tomorrow's  also Leslie's birthday so I'm going to make sure that we have at least a small celebration.

Stayed tune for more photos, and more updates on the road. For those of you who like the more insightful looks into life in China; be patient, they'll come later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment