Saturday, September 25, 2010

Guess where I went today...

Anyone?

That's right! I went to the Great Wall today. (Okay, so the photo on the bottom, gave it away. Oh well.)

Every month my school offers one free excursion for international students and this month's activity was a trip to the Great Wall. From Beijing, there are several sections you can visit, the most touristy and popular of which is Badaling. Originally, we were told we were going to the Simatai portion of the wall, but instead today I found myself at the Jingshanling portion. Not that I'm one to complain about a free trip.

By the way, for those of you who know of my giant fear of heights, steep stairways and steep sloped roads, you should be very proud of me. Despite my fears, I was able to walk pretty far on the wall, despite having to navigate many scary, steep stairs. In fact, I went farther than many of the other students on  the trip. I'm proud of myself right now, actually.

And for those of you naysayers who say the stairs couldn't really be that bad, then you clearly have never witnessed my irrational fear of heights. Trust me, it's bad. Not to mention uncontrollable. So don't make fun of me.

 Click for larger image

More photos to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment