Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Retrospective

(As inspired by another Qi Zhai column in China Daily)

Top 10 Highlights of 2010
(in no particular order)
  1. Welcoming the newest (though not for long) member of my family and becoming his godmother.
  2. Gathering up the courage (and realizing I'd regret it if I didn't) to jump off the cliff at McCloud Waterfalls with my friends.
  3. Meeting (more) people from all across the world that I otherwise might never have had the chance to interact with.
  4. Being able to meet up with family and friends I hadn't seen in a while, including a particular family friend who I hadn't seen in over ten years.
  5. Starting this blog and actually keeping up with it.
  6. Following the San Francisco Giants as they proved the naysayers wrong and went on to win their first SF World Series title.
  7. Realizing that there's no 'correct' path to take after college graduation and that it's ultimately up to me to choose what my next step is.
  8. Deciding to come to China to study for a year, despite knowing I was bound to feel homesick sooner or later.
  9. Starting to get a real grasp on written and spoken Mandarin.
  10. And finally, being able to adapt to life in China, although not without some help and some struggles of my own.

Perhaps in hindsight, it wasn't the most exciting year (though my life has never been what people would call 'exciting'), but a good one nonetheless. Now onward to see what 2011 has in store for me....

PS. I'm curious to know what your 2010 highlights are. If you want to share, e-mail me or put them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment